Our visit to the Sinai Academy


Last week we visited the Sinai Academy. It was a very enjoyable experience.

First we met the Rabbi he was a very friendly and relaxed man. We wore Kippah’s  that were small and had unique and interesting designs on the top of it. We learnt about Shabbat and that some jewish children start lighting candles from the age of three. Absolutely fascinating. And also you’re not allowed to drive,play games, go on your electronic device etc. My friends and I had a special bread called Challah bread and we also had grape juice it was incredibly   flavourful. There were  Jewish children that spoke and sang Hebrew prayers. Jewish people blow a ram’s horn that they blow 100 times on Rosh Hoshanah which is the Jewish new year. 

Overall it was a fantastic experience. And I hope that they will come to play a friendly soccer match against us. Thank you Sinai Academy.





Comments

  1. Dear Shuaib
    I learnt a few things and I did this. I also hope we can play a friendly soccer mach against them. How did the kipper stay on our head?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Butterfly Lion book report

The Grade 4 Camp